Do you have a long commute? Today’s blog was developed with you in mind! From time to time, we like to share podcasts or videos as a change-up to our blog content. It also helps our readers who have less time to read blogs every day, but can listen to audio while driving, riding the subway, or working around the house.
Today, we feature a recent 17-minute interview with IFWE executive director Hugh Whelchel on the “Nine to Five” podcast, which is hosted by our friends at Christians in Commerce. In the interview, Hugh tackles the following questions about faith and work:
- What percentage of your day is spiritual vs. secular? Why does God consider everything you do as important?
- What is the “why” behind our work? Is it more than just to pay the bills?
- Is it possible to achieve work–life balance? What does an integrated life look like?
- What does the biblical concept of “shalom” mean and what’s our work got to do with it?
If you like podcasts, check out some of our previous IFWE podcasts:
- “Dealing with Job Dissatisfaction“
- “Asking God for Guidance in Your Work“
- “What Role Can You Play in the Pursuit of Social Justice?“
- “Are Christians in Business Second-Class Citizens in Heaven?“
- “To Millennial Women: Why You Can’t Have It All“
- “Does Acts 2-5 Teach Socialism?“
Editor’s note: When you have a little longer to read about these topics, we recommend Hugh Whelchel’s How Then Should We Work?: Rediscovering the Biblical Doctrine of Work.