The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics has the following career opportunities available:
The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics (IFWE) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support to various personnel and staff. The ideal candidate will be versed in many aspects of business, have the ability to adapt to various tasks, and the ability to interact with people in a broad range of levels. Our mission is to educate and inspire Christians to embrace a Biblical understanding of faith, work, and economics.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive and Management Team, including daily calendar planning, logistical coordination of meetings, appointments, conferences, and visitors.
- Maintain office scheduling, book travel, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepare high-level communications, presentation materials, various reports, and documenting meetings.
- Coordinate the strategic planning process, developing and subsequently interfacing with various teams.
- Develop and enforce timelines for production of materials, integrate materials into a final comprehensive report, and monitor implementation timelines.
- Research and compile background materials, publications, proposals and customer interactions for the management team.
- Communicate effectively with other departments on special, nonrecurring, and ongoing projects
- Act as a project coordinator for special projects, at the request of the management team, to include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing events.
- Maintain confidentiality in the record keeping of official documents and correspondence, including travel expense reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in administrative, editorial, or organization position
- Ability to take direction and work independently with confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Understand and support the mission of IFWE
Technology Manager & Database Administrator
The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics (IFWE) is seeking a Technology Manager & Database Administrator to ensure the smooth operation of technology needs including day-to-day IT management and planning, web development, special technology projects, and overseeing database operations and development. The role requires someone who is versatile in a broad range of technical and interpersonal skills including project management, IT and database management, and web development. Our mission is to educate and inspire Christians to embrace a Biblical understanding of faith, work, and economics.
- Design, implement and maintain daily IT operations including personal computers and other IT assets (printing, conferencing, emailing, and networking).
- Provide IT troubleshooting and diagnosis; maintenance and upgrade of hardware and software.
- Provide technology training for staff including database use and general technology use; develop and maintain IT policies/procedures and training documentation.
- Work with Communications department to oversee technical web development of IFWE’s website and other web-based projects, including communicating with outside design and development vendors when necessary.
- Develop, create, and drive new web applications and functionality to meet organization’s goals; utilize knowledge of web programming languages (HTML, PHP, SQL, etc.).
- Provide project management and technology consulting for inter-departmental projects such as webinars/podcasts, streaming video, online courses, new website features, etc.
- Ensure strategic development and operation of IFWE’s database systems (Saleforce.com, MailChimp, etc.) to support communications, fundraising, events, programs, etc.
- Develop and implement solutions for accurate data capture and ensure integrity of data so data is updated and accurate across all platforms.
- Prepare data reports to satisfy information needs of staff and management.
- Degree in IT-related field, computer science, engineering or relevant IT work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role, including project management, IT and network operations, and technology design and implementation.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with IFWE’s core technologies:
- 1 or more year administering Salesforce.com or other SQL database applications
- Windows-based workstations and networking
- Microsoft Office Suite, general office and cloud-based productivity software
- Familiarity with APIs, web services, and other third-party platform integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly presenting ideas to leadership, staff, vendors, contractors, peers and the public
- An understanding of the evangelical faith-based community is desired
- Demonstrates a passion for the mission
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization