The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics has the following career opportunities available:
Associate Web Developer
The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics (IFWE) is seeking an Associate Web Developer to join its Communications team. This will be the first role of its kind in the Communications department, and will include website development and design, as well as technology project management. IFWE’s mission is to advance biblical and economic principles that help individuals find fulfillment in their work and contribute to a free and flourishing society.
- Work with Communications department to oversee technical web development of IFWE’s website and other web-based projects, including communicating with outside development and design vendors when necessary.
- Responsible for understanding digital outreach strategies of each department incorporating the strategy into effective design decisions for web applications.
- Develop, create, and drive new web applications and functionality to meet organization’s goals; utilize knowledge of web programming languages (HTML, PHP, SQL, etc.).
- Provide project management and technology support for projects such as email newsletters, audio/video recording, live streaming video, new website features, etc.
- Develop and train other employees on technical best practices, and provide strong internal customer service.
- Collaborate with measurement department to plan and implement solutions for accurate data capture and analytics across all Communications platforms.
- Assist organization with IT troubleshooting needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar role, including web design and development, project management
- Experience with HTML and CSS required
- Familiarity with APIs, web services, and other third-party platform integration
- Experience with IT troubleshooting and user support preferred
- Ability to manage multiple web projects while also providing ad-hoc user support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly presenting ideas to leadership, staff, vendors, contractors, peers and the public
- Proven track record of customer service attitude and a willingness to develop a new position and capability within the organization
- An understanding of the evangelical faith-based community is required
- Demonstrates a passion for the mission