The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics™ (IFWE) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) Christian research organization committed to promoting biblical and economic principles that help individuals find fulfillment in their work and contribute to a free and flourishing society.
IFWE’s research starts with the belief that the Bible, as the inerrant Word of God, provides the authoritative and intellectual foundation for a proper understanding of work and economic truths that, when properly followed, can help individuals, companies, communities, and nations flourish.
IFWE’s research is based on three core principles:
- Each person is created in God’s image and, like Him, has a desire to be creative and to find fulfillment using their God-given talents through work.
- All work, whether paid or volunteer, matters to God, and we as Christians are called to pursue excellence throughout the week – not just on Sundays – stewarding all that we’ve been given for God’s glory and for the flourishing of society.
- Therefore, we as citizens must promote an economic environment that not only provides us the freedom to pursue our callings and flourish in our work but also reflects the inherent dignity of every human being.
Our desire is to help Christians view their work within the bigger picture of what God is doing in the world. Not only do we help Christians find personal fulfillment, but we also help them understand how to better alleviate poverty, address greed, and view possessions properly. With a biblical view of work and economics, we can partner together to be meaningful participants in God’s plan to restore the world the way he intended it to be.
We invite you to learn more though our other resources:
- Our blog Creativity, Purpose, Freedom provides brief but powerful insights
- Our book How Then Should We Work is a perfect starting point for understanding the biblical meaning of work
- Our white papers offer concise explanations of our most significant research and findings
- Request a speaker to share these ideas at your next event
Sign up for our newsletter and receive updates on our latest events and publications!